18 January 2011

Welcome to my blog

Hi, and welcome to my first ever blog.

I've had the idea of starting a blog for some time now, but haven't quite known where to start. I've been keen to express all sort of ideas, musings, and questions... but there seems like any number of things to talk about... so I always "outthink" myself and stall before I've started! However, on Jan 2nd I found inspiration from a friend who has started a blog "2011 Through My Lense". This seems like a good place to start: a blog with a simple, well-defined, easy to meet (I hope) objective: a blog stretching over a whole year; one post per day, marked with a picture from that day. I anticipate it would be interesting to look back on in years to come, especially as it covers the year leading up to my 40th birthday, a major milestone in our culture. It also nicely addresses my huge interest in photography, providing a good excuse to post some of the pictures I'm amassing over time.

I guess that, to somebody who doesn't know me and happens randomly to find their way to this blog, it's a glimpse of merely one person among billions in the world... a fairly average male at the end of their 30s, working a private-sector office job in the I.T industry in Wellington, New Zealand. Even so, I sincerely hope that it helps someone else in the world feel like they've made a connection of sorts - tiny though it may be - to another person elsewhere on this amazing world we live in. And if someone gets even a little inspiration, interest, or ideas, from what I've posted here, my efforts in this regard would be more than worth it.

Best wishes
- Ralph.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your journey through 2011. Welcome to the Blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete